Reflection: I pretty much suck at blogging from Fall to Spring. And why is that? Time management, maybe. Over-dedication to the job, perhaps. Laziness, but of course. Lack of creativity, possibly Life, most def, peeps. A combination of all, I suppose.
Have I been doing anything interesting during this time? Ummmm- sometimes? It's been a hard year with the Deuces. I've been stretched beyond my capabilities in many ways- but I've learned a lot. Through failure, of course. Yay, me!
Recap of personal issues, so I can wallow in excuses:
1- surgery on "strange tissue mass" in November. I got to wear a "fluid drain" to work for two weeks. "Hey, kids! It's time to drain Ms. Meek!" Oh.So.Fun. But hey, everything came back benign, and we're going to roll with that.
2- January and February. This was the winter of my discontent. I grew up in Alaska. I am OVER snow. Three weeks of it in Virginia- where the winters are supposed to be "mild"- did not make Heather a Happy Horseradish.
3- The situation with Question #3 in the post Awards and Whatnot, comes to a head and has gotten messy. And that's all I really want to say about that for now. Or possibly ever.
4- I had two near death experiences in three days. Just last week. Here's a picture of one.
Things I have done which I hope I can get a sentence or two typed out in the next while:
1. Animal Keeping. I've had a wild turtle adventure, plus working with two Betta fish and two mice.
2. Classroom design. I've added a dining room. And blogging area. And I lowered tables to go Bohemian. I hope to get some video of this.
3. Writing. I went a new direction with becoming a "copy editor" for my moose to help them with revising and editing.
4. Reading. The Independent Conference vs. Guided Reading and how I found one much more helpful than the other. And creating student interest in book baskets.
5. Technology. Gadzooks I've been having fun with a My Story Book Creator App, Toontastic, Sock Puppets, Educreations, and Weebly for Education!
6. Gardening. Adventures with "The Three Sisters", and redoing a school garden bed.
7. Inventions. Another math game- Coin war with dice to help with coin identification.
8. Failures. And there are many. Prominently, an attempt at making a miniature wigwam- where I learned a lot about twigs, and pipe cleaners, and a lack of sewing knowledge. Math. Huge huge huge failures when it has come to math this year.
See you soon!