I, of course, already thinking ahead to this summer, and next year already for that matter- have decided to join up with this little linky being hosted by A Cupcake for the Teacher, Miss Kindergarten, and A Modern Teacher
1) Exercise *sigh* I am Mrs. Claus trying to eat Mr. Claus at this point.
I actually have a boards on Pinterest entitled Exercises I Am Too Lazy To Do and Foods To Get Me Skinny - in addition to like, ten other boards dedicated to types of desserts. My mother has asked me if I will exercise with her this summer, and I have decided it's best to have a partner. So let's hope it works out for me. My clothes aren't really fitting well anymore, so I've got to do something. Maybe stop pinning donut recipes would be a place to start.
2) I'm taking some classes about education but I consider them FUN. I know, dork. But STILL. I signed up for some on-line ones from Fairy Dust Teaching (I just started her Music in the classroom module yesterday), and I'm taking three different tech classes offered by my district (one for making ActivInspire flipcharts, and Web 2.0 tools, and Tech4Learning software). And in August I'm starting a year long training called SPOT which focuses on balanced literacy in the classroom. I'll be getting tons of free materials and I just can't wait!
3) I'm going to try to be outdoors with the kids everyday that I am not working. I've talked to a friend with a pool about giving my daughter swimming lessons, an I want to go to the park so I can walk while the kids play, and I want to go to the Reservoir and hunt for critters, and do some gardening, and BREATHE. I am not concerned about a tan. I'm from Alaska. My skin glows in the dark, and it always will.
4) I'm going to try cooking all of the family meals this summer. Usually it's my mom who cooks- but I have so many great recipes on Pinterest, I might as well give it a go. The inspiration being this baby here that I tried a bit ago and loooooooooove it. Must make more. Click the picture to go to the recipe.
And if this was a gem, then there must be tons of others waiting for me to try. Note: Bucket List Item number one probably going to be a bust.
5) I have some books I'm planning to read. And yeah, they are school related. At the moment, it's the kind of reading I'm enjoying.
I'm going to be re-reading Guided Math as a refresher - plus it's our summer reading book from school, and I've gotten her Comprehension Book as well to read and join in on the book study that's going to be going on from Primary Inspired, and I'm going to get familiar with Words Their Way.
6) I'm definitely going to be working with my sister on our TpT Store. I have really been enjoying collaborating with her and learning all sorts of design stuff and techy knowledge. There's tons more to learn, but at least I'm having fun with it.
7) My daughter wants to learn how to sew. I'll be doing a bit of that this summer too.
Busy, busy, busy! What will you be doing with your summer?