Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Strategy 2013

I was just looking over what I wrote a year ago. What a train wreck. I didn't write half of the posts I said I would. Live and learn.

Trying a new tactic for this summer, I'm just going to make a list of things I KNOW I will be doing, and a list of things I'd like to ATTEMPT. And we'll see where it goes from there.

In the know:
1) tech class on creating Activinspire Flipcharts
2) tech class on Web 2.0 tools
3) tech class on Tech4Learning tools
4) a 4 day math seminarish dealio
5) a week long SPOT training
6) Fairy Dust Teaching Summer E-Institue

Attempting:
Category One - reading
1) re-read Laney Sammons Guided Math
2) Laney Sammons Comprehending Math
3) Words Their Way

Category Two - mess with
1) re-binding Jan Richardson's Next Steps in Guided Reading
2) re-upholster my crate seats 
3) make musical instruments

Category Three - investigate
1) online plan books 
2) digital portfolios
3) how to create a doppelgänger 

Category Four - TPT
1) Traci and I have tons of gorgeous clipart we're working on
2) I have a football math unit I'm working on
3) I have plans for some Shakespeare themed goodies

Category Five - team collaboration
1) summer emailing of ideas
2) creating a long range plan
3) sharing in Dropbox

Category Six - Pie in the sky
1) Sensory boxes
2) dramatic activities for Science and Social Studies
3) Entire year planned and packaged by September (Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

I feel better about listing it this way. It seems more doable, less pressure. And even a little fun to work on.  Good luck to everyone with their summer plans!

   

1 comment:

  1. Love category 3, #3!!! If you find out how, PLEASE post! :)
    Camille

    ReplyDelete